U.S. Soy Hosts International Trade Delegations in South DakotaJun 09, 2019
WHAT: Beginning June 9, the U.S. Soybean Export Council (USSEC) and the South Dakota Soybean Research and Promotion Council (SDSRPC), will host more than 50 international delegates from over 10 countries on a tour of the upper Midwest to demonstrate one of the biggest advantages of buying U.S. Soy, our transportation system and infrastructure. Five international delegations will represent countries from Southeast Asia, South Korea, Asia Subcontinent, Taiwan and the Americas.
On the tour, delegates will:
- Learn more about U.S. Soy produced in the Northern Plains region of the U.S.
- Gain a strong understanding of U.S. Soy logistics and infrastructure
- Experience U.S. Soy export potential out of the Pacific Northwest
- Hear directly from exporters and suppliers of U.S. Soy about how their Northern Plains operations and direct access to PNW are uniquely positioned to meet international soy demands.
Media are invited to attend an escorted tour of a local elevator and a farm in the Sioux Falls area. Phone interviews and professionally shot b-roll can be arranged for members of the media unable to attend the tour.
WHEN: Wednesday, June 12, 2019
Central Farmers Coop
25263 467th Ave. Lyons, SD 57041
Scheier Farms SD Farm Tour
44359 246th Street Salem, SD 57058
- USSEC representatives
- South Dakota Soybean representatives
- Soybean farmers
- International Soybean Buyers
RSVP/MORE INFORMATION: Media interested in attending the farm tour must RSVP by COB Friday, June 7 to participate.
Lisa Humphreys, USSEC Senior Communications Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Henes, SDSPRC Communications & Program Specialist: email@example.com