Attend the SDSA Feature Discussion on Water Management at DakotafestAug 21, 2014
Join the South Dakota Soybean Association at Dakotafest on Wednesday at 10 a.m., Lot 843 for a feature discussion on water management. A panel of experts will address water issues affecting South Dakota farmers, such as wetland determinations, legislative policy and more.
Participating panelists include:
• Paul Casper, Farmer from Lake Preston & SDSA Past President
• Karen Cameron-Howell, Wetland Specialists
• Mike Jaspers, South Dakota Legislative Task Force Member
• Jeff Zimprich, State Conservationist, South Dakota Natural Resources Conservation Service
• Moderator: Wayne Smith, Executive Director, South Dakota Farm Bureau
“Water management is at the forefront of issues impacting South Dakota farmers. Water touches every single farmer in our state, and has the potential to impact future generations. This panel gives us the opportunity to have an open dialogue with the people who influence water policy, share ideas and discuss solutions,” Casper said.
The Water Management Feature Discussion is sponsored by SDSA, the American Soybean Association and FMC.
In addition to the panel, South Dakota Soybean will also host the annual Ice Cream Social at Lot 843 from noon to 4 p.m. on Wednesday with free SDSU ice cream for attendees.