Celebrate Soyfoods Month With These Tasty Recipes
April is National Soyfoods Month, and finding delicious soyfoods has never been easier.
Throughout the month of April, soyfoods will be promoted in supermarkets nationwide with cooking demonstrations, coupon discounts, recipe sharing, and online giveaways – making this month a great time for you to try soyfoods for the first time or stock up on their favorite soy products. Hy-Vee Supermarkets in Sioux Falls are even holding classes called “Soy-The Other Green Bean.” Contact your local Hy-Vee Store for more information on how to attend the class.
Eating healthy is a priority for many of you, and soyfoods can play an integral role in any well-balanced diet. Soyfoods nourish the body with high quality protein that is low in saturated fat, full of nutrients, and has low to no cholesterol.
Soy-inspired dishes are easy to prepare and simple to incorporate into your daily meals. Here are five recipes to try today:
- No need to grab breakfast on the road, start the day off with these Soy Berry Pancakes, only 230 calories per serving!
- This Tofu Hummus Wrap is light enough for lunch, but filling enough to help push you through the day!
- For an afternoon pick-me-up, try this protein-packed combination of toasted almonds, cherries and a whole soy nutrition bar!
- For dinner, skip the take-out lines (and calories) and whip up your own Veggie Pad Thai!
- Before bed, satisfy your sweet tooth with this delicious Chocolate Mousse!
Let us know if you try any new soyfoods recipes. We’d love to hear how they turn out!
For more information on soyfoods, you can visit www.soyfoods.org.