One Great Organization. Many Reasons to Join.
To add your voice to the South Dakota Soybean Association, please select one of the following membership levels and register through the American Soybean Association’s links below.
30 & Under
Industry Partners – $2000 Annual Membership
- All employees within the company will receive an SDSA membership
- Company will provide employee information for email updates
- Each company that becomes an Industry Partner will receive a special call out in the South Dakota Soybean Leader magazine as a NEW Industry Partner.
- Industry Partners will receive 20% off every ad placed in the Soybean Leader
- Industry Partners will be listed on our website Membership page.
- Industry Partners will receive a 10% discount on their AgOutlook booth/sponsorship.
Invest your support in the group that works hardest for you. You know the South Dakota Soybean Association has the best interest of soybean farmers at heart because it’s governed by soybean farmers. We know the real-life challenges farmers face and take that strong message to state and federal government.
3-Year & Lifetime Members*
- $100 or $200 Seed Voucher on purchase of 50 or 100 units of seed.
*Benefits available to new or renewing 3-Year or Lifetime SDSA members. Seed Voucher benefit expires June 30, 2018.
- All SDSA members are also members of the American Soybean Association (ASA). For a full list of ASA benefits visit: soygrowers.com/belong/membership-benefits/.
What’s in it for you? SDSA fights for farmer members in many areas:
In the past five years, no one has put more time and money into being a positive influence on legislation that impacts the profitability of soybean producers than the South Dakota Soybean Association (SDSA) and our affiliated national group, the American Soybean Association (ASA). We are respected in both Pierre and Washington and have favorably influenced ag policy and ag finance for many years. Your membership ensures that will continue.
SDSA strongly supports the development and use of biodiesel. Biodiesel will move large surpluses of soybean oil off the market, creating higher prices for soybeans, which means more revenue for South Dakota farmers. Thanks to our members, SDSA is advancing legislation in Pierre and Washington to dramatically expand this market.
A 2 percent biodiesel blend would result in the consumption of 700 million gallons of biodiesel nationally and increased revenue of 15 cents per bushel, according to experts.
The fate of the American livestock industry and soybean producers are directly linked. As our largest customer, livestock consume more than 1.4 billion bushels of U.S. soybeans each year — about half of total U.S. soybean production. SDSA advocates for clear, consistent and reasonable regulations that will allow livestock to grow and thrive in South Dakota and around the country.
Every other row of soybeans in South Dakota is exported each year. The SDSA and ASA think we can do even better and are working with other farm advocacy groups to reduce barriers that restrict soy and meat exports. Beyond that, SDSA and ASA manage the world’s only international soy market development program, which is responsible for promoting U.S. soy exports to more than 80 countries.
Membership questions? Call 605-330-0278.