Join us at the Wilbert Square Event Center in Brookings for Soy100: Growing 100-Bushel Soybeans in 2021. This free, educational opportunity will focus on in-depth information on increasing soybean yields. Economics, climate outlook, and current trends and issues will all be discussed. Breakout sessions featured include, “Marketing and Econ” by Total Farm Marketing, “Agronomist Panel” by SDSU Extension and “Soil Health and Fertility” by NRCS & SDSU Extension.
Tuesday, March 16, 2021
7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Wilbert Square Event Center, Brookings, SD
- 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- 8:45 a.m.
- Jerry Schmitz – Executive Director of South Dakota Soybean
- 9:00 a.m.
- Keynote Speaker: Marketing and Economics
Naomi Blohm – Total Farm Marketing
- 9:45 a.m.
- Climate Predictions for 2021
Dr. Laura Edwards – SDSU Extension State Climatologist
- 10:15 a.m.
- Selecting Seed Traits Panel
Bridgette Teadel – Corteva Agriscience
Joseph Schefers – Bayer Crop Science
Wyatt Coffman – BASF Agricultural Solutions
- 10:45 a.m.
- 11:00 a.m.
- Sensors and Imagery for Pest and Disease Control
Dr. Emmanuel Byamukama – Associate Professor and SDSU Extension Plant Pathologist
- 11:30 a.m.
- Producer Panel Discussion: Management for 2021
- 12:00 p.m.
(Provided by South Dakota Soybean Research and Promotion Council)
- 1:00 p.m.
- Breakout Session 1: (Attend one 50 minute session)
Marketing and Econ
- Extension Agronomist Panel
- Soil Health and Soil Fertility
Mr. Kent Vlieger – NRCS State Soil Health Specialist
Dr. Jason Clark – Assistant Professor and SDSU Extension Soil Fertility Specialist
- 1:50 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m.
- Breakout Session 2
Same as above
- 2:50 p.m.
Soy100 is brought to you by South Dakota Soybean Research and Promotion Council, the Soybean Checkoff, the SDSU Ag Experiment Station, and the SDSU Extension.