Stuffed Turkey and Sweet Potatoes and Apple
1 Whole turkey breast
1 baguette or leftovers bread cut in small dice and dry and hard in the oven
½ C water
8 oz butter for the bread filling and turkey cooking
2tsp Italians herbs
1 cup dry cranberries
1 cup chopped pecans
1 orange zest or less
20 Fingerling potatoes or small
2 stems of Sage
4 Garlic cloves
½ White or yellow onion
2 Stems celery
1 tbs all-purpose flour
1 cup white wine
Salt and pepper as needed
1 cooking turkey bag
Sweet potatoes and apple garnish
2 yellow sweet potatoes medium size
2 red apples Gala
¾ bag Marshmallow regular size
1 Cup or 1 ½ C Apple juice depends on the thickness
1 Tsp Clove
4 Tb Cinnamon
2 pinch Nutmeg
- Open in a butterfly cut or in a big payard the turkey breast, seasoning with salt and pepper
- In a sauté pan add the butter and water so it will melt, Italians herbs and the baguette mix until the bread absorbs the liquid, then add the cranberries, pecans and orange zest. Filled the turkey, roll and tied with the butcher twine. Cover with a little bit of melted butter with salt and pepper on top.
- In the oven bag add: Onion, carrot, celery, garlic chopped, sage and the potatoes. White wine, butter and a table spoon of flour. Then put inside the turkey, seal the bag put on a sheet tray preheat the oven at 3745°f oven, cook for 45 minutes.
- Precook the sweet potatoes in a pot with a half of cup of water, once they are fully cook set a side, chilled and cut in half moons. Cut the apple in the same size in wedges.
- In a small pot melt the marshmallow, butter, once it’s done add the apple juice and spices.
- Put the oven container the slice of sweet potatoes, one of apple intercalate them so on until you finish them. Pour the liquid of the marshmallows, cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Make a gravy with the juice of the turkey, add the vegetables, fat and the remainder of the wine in the blender, strain and serve
- Once the turkey is done, sliced and serve with the sweet potatoes and apple garnish.