Soil Health Project Coordinator
This is a half-time position located in South Dakota.
The South Dakota Soybean Association (SDSA) is a membership organization. Their mission is to grow market opportunities and value for South Dakota soybean farmers through public policy and education.
The successful incumbent will represent the interests of SDSA in the development of a soil health project to increase farmer awareness of alternative conservation production systems.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the coordinator will work to increase farmer’s knowledge of conservation practices by sharing of information, personal contacts, multimedia platforms, and events that bring farmers together and expand outreach.
Working conditions include work from home flexibility with meetings in the SD Soybean office and attendance at events.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. Employees may be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage farmer outreach activities.
- Develop new programs to provide greater exposure and participation in the SD Soybean organizations.
- Collaborate with SD Soybean boards, state soybean organizations, and state and national organizations.
- Collaborate with SDSA staff/partners to conduct/analyze polls and develop/disseminate messaging. This position will work with the public and allied industry to partner on mutually beneficial programs and sponsorship activities within the organization.
- Work with SDSA staff to develop/collect and present soil health materials for organizations such as Ag in the Classroom, 4-H, and FFA.
- Plan, organize, and deliver presentations at soil health workshops and/or participate in field days for farmers.
- Assist the SDSA board and staff in selecting and managing a soil health speaker for AgOutlook.
- Answer email and phone inquiries related to soil health.
- Manage the soil health project budget.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside of the organization.
- Perform duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Maintain a demeanor that creates a positive team atmosphere.
- Communicate regularly with the Executive Director and team members.
- Meet organization productivity standards.
- Travel within South Dakota for various meetings and events.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of agronomy/soils and be willing to work with farmers.
- Time management
- Customer service
- Planning agendas
- Coordinating schedules
- Attention to detail is a high priority
- Written and oral communication skills with evidence of the ability to work and communicate with diverse groups of people.
- Set priorities, manage multiple projects and programs, make decisions within approved policy guidelines.
- Have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Work with computer systems and software including Microsoft Office.
- Be available to work on an occasional weekend and evenings, furnish your own transportation with reimbursement of expenses at the established rate.
To Apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Becky Cypher email@example.com