Job ID: 16939
Agency: Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources
Location: Sioux Falls
Salary: $19.70 – $22.73 per hour; depending on experience
Pay Grade: GH
Closing Date: 8/31/2021
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources. For more information on the Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources, please visit https://danr.sd.gov/.
The Information Specialist supports the South Dakota Soybean Checkoff and the South Dakota Soybean Association (SDSA) by designing and posting print, website, and social media materials. The role requires the ability to multitask while assisting with multi-group management and various planning platforms. The position requires effective communications in addition to public engagement.
- assist in the development and maintenance of organization websites and social media;
- create promotional and informative materials/brochures for print, social media, and website use using desktop design and publishing software;
- facilitate the placement of information onto social media and websites;
- monitor all organization web pages and social media to evaluate usability, keep material current, and ensure all links work properly;
- prepare design, layout, and accurate content for media, magazines, events, and promotions;
- proofread media for accuracy, grammar, spelling, punctuation, context, and content;
- assist with the development, planning, coordination, and dissemination of media;
- assist with the development and design of educational curriculum/materials;
- prepare estimates for printed materials as well as website development and maintenance;
- work with staff to develop and maintain database information;
- develop and maintain a file system for archiving photographs;
- participate in promotional activities at media events, booths, and trade shows;
- work with staff and board members to develop radio, tv, and print ads.
- completing work accurately and timely with frequent interruptions, understanding terminology, and addressing scheduling conflicts;
- determining the speed, methods, organization, tracking, and timing to efficiently complete tasks;
- proficiencies in specialized computer and software technologies, including desktop design and publishing, web publishing, photo editing, and social media software;
- meeting deadlines with occasional short turnaround times and unpredictable circumstances.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
A four-year post-secondary education or equivalent three-five years work experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- a high level of proficiency and demonstrated experience with media design, social media, and website software;
- proficient in research techniques, writing, design, layout, editing, publishing, and printing;
- gather, compare, and summarize data from a variety of sources;
- working knowledge of computer software applications, including word processing, database, and spreadsheets;
- operate a variety of modern office equipment, practices, and procedures;
- business English, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
- self-motivated and able to work both independently and with a team;
- superior time management and multitasking skills;
- ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision;
- communicate information clearly and concisely;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, farmer board members, and the general public.
Additional Requirements: To be considered, attach a cover letter, detailed resume, and design samples.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=F2W
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.