SD Soybean Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant is the “first face” of the South Dakota Soybean Checkoff and South Dakota Soybean Association (SDSA) and provides support for communications, outreach, research and development, and accounting staff. The role requires the ability to multitask while assisting with multi-group management and various planning platforms. The position requires effective oral and written communications in addition to telephone, email, social media, and office skills. Duties include working with farmer board members in office and at events, composing and finalizing correspondence, assisting with the creation of articles/ brochures, establishing and maintaining filing systems, creating and maintaining databases, gathering and providing information, and recording activities to support office operations.
- Director of Positive “First-Impressions” – The Administrative Assistant will uphold the positive image of South Dakota Soybean by interacting with callers and office visitors in a pleasant and professional manner.
- In charge of processing mail, routing incoming mail, preparing outgoing mail, utilizing our postage machine, FedEx, UPS etc.
- Soybean Checkoff Elevator Remittance Entry – Responsible for entering receipts of Grain Elevator Soybean Checkoff remittances into our accounting system and work with our accounting staff to keep accurate records for Soybean checkoff income.
- Assist accounting personnel with designated internal financial controls including, but not limited to, deposits and recording income and expenses as needed.
- Enter new contacts and producers in our internal database system. Manage and update existing contacts as needed.
- Assist Program Director with monthly membership including but not limited to, entering membership applications in database and membership mailings.
- Producer Communications Support – Assist in other farmer and allied industry mailings, meeting key deadlines for sending out important materials, information, and event promotion brochures.
- Reviews documents, forms, data, and files to ensure accuracy and completeness; implements spelling and grammar corrections if necessary;
- Responsible for assisting with word processing, data entry, filing and other projects as assigned.
- Be a strong overall advocate for South Dakota Soybean and the Agriculture industry.
- Typical challenges include completing work accurately and timely with frequent interruptions, understanding terminology, and addressing scheduling conflicts.
- Decisions include determining the speed, methods, organization, tracking, and timing to efficiently complete assignments.
- Determining the method to compile and retrieve information and recommend changes in procedures.
- Choosing the correct forms and steps to accurately process an action; determining which software package and format to use depending on the nature of the document to be produced.
The Administrative Assistant works at the front desk in a typical office environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A minimum two-year post-secondary education or equivalent 3-5 years work experience;
- Possess a high level of proficiency and demonstrated experience with Microsoft programs;
- Familiar with computer software applications; word processing, database, social media;
- Operate a variety of modern office equipment, practices, and procedures;
- Business English including grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
- Communicate information clearly and concisely;
- Gather, compare, and summarize data from a variety of sources;
- Review and comprehend materials;
- Formulate logical and reasonable conclusions from available information;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, farmer board members, and the general public.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.