Creating Bigger, More Robust Markets for Soybeans
Whether you raise soybeans or sell cars, the key to success is the same: find and expand markets for your products.
That’s why SDSRPC invests checkoff dollars to keep South Dakota soybean farmers well-positioned in the world marketplace, as well as to develop new markets inside South Dakota and across the U.S. Some of these programs include:
- Ag United for SD was developed through a collaboration of farm organizations in South Dakota with a goal of keeping family farms growing.
- American Soybean Association offers information, education, and assistance to buyers and end-users on behalf of U.S. soybean farmers to more than 80 countries served by 9 worldwide offices.
- National Biodiesel Board is the national trade association representing the biodiesel industry as the coordinating body for research and development in the United States.
- USA Poultry Egg Export Council is a trade association of the U.S. poultry and egg industry that is dedicated to increasing exports of U.S. poultry and eggs worldwide.
- US Meat Export Federation is a nonprofit trade association working to create new opportunities and develop existing international markets for U.S. beef, pork, lamb and veal.
- US Soybean Export Council The American Soybean Association (ASA) and the United Soybean Board (USB) have combined their expertise to form the U.S. Soybean Export Council (USSEC). Examples of these combined efforts are the Soy in Aquaculture project (visit www.soyaqua.org for more details) and the Soybean Premium project which helps to increase global demand for enhanced-quality soybeans (visit www.soybeanpremiums.org for more information).
- United Soybean Board conducts research for the continued and expanded use of soybeans and soybean products as well as promotional and informational projects that help farmers and build demand.
- World Initiative for Soy in Human Health promotes the use of U.S. soy protein products in developing countries where deficiency of protein in human diets is known to be a serious problem.
- The Soy Transportation Coalition positions the soybean industry to benefit from a transportation system that delivers cost-effective, reliable and competitive service.