FFA Video Contest
Congratulations to the winners of the 2012 FFA Video Contest!
We Built This Country on Family Farms at 51,064 Plays
Submitted by Elizabeth Renner & Rachel Schartz from the West Central FFA Chapter.
A Word From Grandma at 31,623 Plays
Family Farmers Gangnam Style at 23,587 Plays
Submitted by Malary McKenney, Lauren Kulzer, Brooke Ollerich & Mykah Wiseman from the Tri-Valley FFA Chapter.
The video contest is sponsored by the South Dakota Soybean Research & Promotion Council, the South Dakota Department of Agriculture and managed by the South Dakota Soybean Association.
The Video Contest for South Dakota FFA students is designed to involve youth in the advocacy of today’s modern agriculture and the soybean industry.
Any high school FFA member may submit an entry created by an individual or by a team of two or more current FFA members from any South Dakota High School Chapter. More than one entry per chapter is allowed. However, an individual FFA member can be an official entrant only once per contest.
How It Works:
- Create a video to tell your story about South Dakota agriculture and the provided topics. This year's topic is Family Farms.
- Submit to SD Soybean by 5 p.m. on October 18, 2012 for approval and preliminary judging.
- Once approved, SD Soybean will upload the top ten scoring submissions to our YouTube page on November 1, 2012.
- Make your video go viral. Share the link on Facebook, Twitter and email.
- The video with the most hits by 4 p.m. on November 15, 2012 is the winner.
$1000 to the student/team producing the video for advisor-approved FFA activities and $1000 to the FFA Chapter
$750 the student/team producing the video for advisor-approved FFA activities and $750 to the FFA Chapter
$500 to the student/team producing the video for advisor-approved FFA activities and $500 to the FFA Chapter
4th through 10th Places
$50 to the student/team for advisor-approved FFA activities